God Provides

Nate and I are overwhelmed with the blessings we have received. In late December we began sending out letters to our family and friends about our desire to go back to Zambia. We knew God would need to intervene in order for us to raise the amount of support we needed. With high hopes we trusted that God would provide. In about two months we are happy to announce that 83% of our needed funding has been raised! So often during this process, I(Melanie) have wondered if this is even possible, will God really provide all of our needs? Time and time again God has proven to be faithful to us, so why do I question? Why do I loose faith in the one that is above all things, and who can do all things. Oh ye of little faith? It reminds me of the passage of scripture in Matthew 6:25-34. Where it talks about worry. God's word says: Therefore, I tell you do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink, or what we will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes. For the pagans run after these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But if we seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, then all of these things will be given to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. I am reminded that God is in control. Even when things seem impossible, he is there.

Growing up on the farm, I watched and listened to my dad as he pondered when he should sell his crop. He would consult with other farmers, seek professional advice, and watch the news and other agricultural shows to learn the most recent information. He utilized the resources around him in order to make an educated decision. Even after receiving projected prices, nothing is guaranteed. Prices drop instead of rise, or rise instead of drop. My dad ultimately has to trust that God will  be faithful, and that he will provide. In the same way I kind of felt like I was playing the stock market. For the past two months I have been on the computer watching our hopeful departure dates fluctuate up and down wondering if we should buy or wait until they go down. Being 83% funded we decided to take the plunge, and have faith that the rest of our funds will come in. In life there are so many uncertainties. No matter what stage of life you are in, the future holds many unknowns. We often try to plan out our future the way we would like to see it go, but then we are greatly disappointed when things don't happen the way we think they should. Having a plan and future ambitions is not wrong, but I think that we must be seeking God for what he wants for us, instead of making him fit into our plan. Asking God to direct and guide our paths is a scary thing, because who knows what he may ask of us.

Through the process of preparing for Africa, there are many unknowns. The unknown can cause fear, doubt, and worry. If we dwell on these things, anxiety will take a hold of us and will cause us to turn away in fear. If we put our trust in the Lord, and believe that he will give us the strength we need. We are empowered as he works through us. Nate and I are choosing to submit our fears(weaknesses) to him. In 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 it says: "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." This verse is so comforting as we are in a constant battle with the world around us. Satan knows our weaknesses, and he will do his part as he plants lies in our heads. Satan has put feelings of inadequacy into our minds during  this process. He wants us to feel like we are not qualified to do God's work. Luckily, we have God's word at our fingertips to remind us of how deeply God cares for us. In 2 Timothy 1:7 Paul reminds us that  God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

As our plane tickets are now purchased for April 18th, 2013. All the planning we have done is now becoming a reality. We are so thankful to have all of you in our lives. Throughout our fundraising process we have seen how God provides through his people. Many of you have given so generously, and for that we are extremely grateful. As our journey continues we hope to keep you all involved through this blog.  Again we are so grateful for all the blessings you have given us during this process.
 
In church on Sunday, the song "This Is My Desire," was played. This song really touched me on Sunday, and I hope it continues to be my prayer in the days ahead.

This is my desire you to honor you
Lord, with all my heart I worship you
All I have within me I give You praise
All that I adore is in you

Lord I give you my heart
I give you my soul
I live for you alone
Every breath that I take
Every moment I'm awake
Lord have Your way in me

Lord I give you my heart
I give you my soul
I live for you alone
Every breath that I take
Every moment I'm awake
Lord have Your way in me

This is my desire you to honor you
Lord, with all my heart I worship you
All I have within me I give You praise
All that I adore is in you

Lord I give you my heart
I give you my soul
I live for you alone
Every breath that I take
Every moment I'm awake
Lord have Your way in me

Lord I give you my heart
I give you my soul
I live for you alone
Every breath that I take
Every moment I'm awake
Lord have Your way in me

This is my desire..
I give you my heart, I give you my soul....

Lord I give you my heart
I give you my soul
I live for you alone
Every breath that I take
Every moment I'm awake
Lord have Your way in me


Thank you all for your prayers and support,

Nate, Melanie, and Natalie Sweerin

Philippians 4:13  "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."


 

Comments

  1. Yay, I'm so excited you started a blog about your journeys. We will miss you guys but we know you are exactly where God wants you to be. We love you and are eager to see the great and mighty ways (and boy will they be mighty!)He will use you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sweerin Family Ministry and Travel Update

Elijah Dale Sweerin 9/22/13

Zambia Update